Thursday, January 22, 2009

Duey loves Charlie

We keep Charlie downstairs during the day. Every morning when he knows I'm leaving he whimpers all the way down the stairs and snuggles into my neck. That even makes it all the harder to lock him up! Then when I walk away he does the normal going crazy jumping and barking.



I start work at the school at 7am so I have to leave at 6:30am. Duey normally starts at 7 too and always leaves a little before me. I never thought much of it cause he likes to go in a little early and get his truck and things for the day ready. Yesterday he finally tells me that for the last while (cause of later sunrise and colder) he hasn't had to be there till 8am.- So he has been getting up as soon as I get out of the shower and leaving a little before me (almost an hour and a half early) just so he doesn't have to lock Charlie up! I'll admit it does tear at your heart, but too loose out on that much sleep cause you're too soft?!



I guess my first clue should have been when I became full-time at the airport. He said "you should quit your job at the school now so that Charlie can have someone home with him" (not so that I can get sleep or be home or anything:)



That's part of what I love about him!!!:)

2 comments:

Heather S said...

Haha..thats too funny!!

Anonymous said...

Awww! :)