Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Up North


The end of July we enjoyed a wonderful weekend with Rick and Chris at their cabin





We went hiking at a state park


































Duey is scared to death of heights! We had to cross these tracks over the water, and it was open between the RR ties. He is only out a couple steps here and that was way too much for his shaking legs. At this point he was frozen, and I was thinking we'd have to go back the way we came.







But Chris was able to help him and get him across!
(now as I'm blogging this I realize that there I sat just taking pictures of my terrified husband-WOW, feeling a little guilty for not being the one to go and help him)










The next bridge was nice and solid; and no where near as high:)

























Splashing
















It felt good to wade and cool off in this little pool of water























While we were wading this eagle was flying around above us, and just as we were leaving it perched just across the water from us

































We also had fun fishing from the kayaks











































































Charlie camped with us




























The fish we caught













5 comments:

Lindsay said...

looks like a wonderful trip! poor duey... and it's kinda funny, because i do the same thing with the kids. they do something and wind up crying (or getting stuck) and they have to wait till i put down my camera. unless it's an emergency, obviously. :)

Neisha said...

looks like a fun day

NanaK said...

oh my word, Kandace!!! I can so relate to Duey, I do the same thing ~ doesn't matter that I'm way bigger than the width of the slats, I freeze and need to be helped along!!!
gorgeous pics!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great time! Nice kayaks! Beautiful scenery.

Burchibunch said...

Looks like you had a good time!